Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update on our little miracle

Today we went to the Dr for a regular follow up and sono. She has grown sooooo much! Miss Kennedi weighs 3 pounds and 7 ounces now, she was moving all around and everything looked really good. Her weight was in the normal 50% range. The placenta is still covering the cervix completely but she said that from what she could see it looked like it had moved a little! The Dr will continue to keep me on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy and on the medications but he did decide to move my terbutaline to every 6 hours instead of every 4 since the contractions have been under control and the bed rest is working effectively. I asked if we could go out to eat for my birthday and he said YES!!!! I'm soooooo excited about this. I have been getting really stir crazy with being at home all the time. He said to take it easy and as long as my uterus was behaving then we could go. I've gained 24 pounds total this pregnancy!!! But he says that it's all baby and perfectly normal. We are having a 3D and 4D sono done on sat., Michael said that he finally wants to have one. He had previously said that it weirded him out but he's really for it now. I'm wondering who's nose and lips she's going to have. Our shower invites have gone out and people are starting to rsvp to it. I'm getting more excited because it's getting closer to her coming. The Dr says because we are doing sooooo good that as long as we don't have any bleeding episodes he will do my c-section at 38 weeks. So in about 8 weeks or less she will be here! I can't wait to hold her, I know that I will be crying my eyes out for days. This has been a long time coming for our little baby. I can't wait to see Michael hold her for the first time! He's going to be the best daddy I've ever known!! 

Oh we have been dealing with a stomach bug going around our house. Michael got it two days ago and Meredith started throwing up this morning. I've been taking my zofran to prevent it from happening to me. I'm afraid if I get it that I will go back into pre-term labor. I'm praying that I have a good immune system and can fight it off.
 

No comments: