Monday, March 1, 2010

WOW it's been a long time!!!!

I'm not so great at this blog thing but I'm going to try and start being better at it. Well it's been almost 9 months since I updated...that's sad! All of you know what's been going on lately with the pregnancy and all things preparation for little miss Kennedi Fate Soape to join our little family. I decided I better start posting some pictures and more frequent updates. Tomorrow I'm officially 25 weeks pregnant and man time feels like it's starting to fly by.

As far as the pregnancy is concerned: it's going good. I'm still having contractions daily and sometimes if I'm on my feet too long they start coming every 5 minutes. So I'm having to learn to relax a little and stay off my feet as much as possible. I've gained 19 pounds total so far and I'm feel like it's a normal amount. Other people think I look "huge" but I'm trying to learn to not let that bother me. I'm carrying Kennedi all in my belly. Michael says I don't even look pregnant from behind! Such a sweet man!!. As far as we know right now I still have the complete placenta previa which means I will have to have a c-section when I get to 37 weeks. I'm ok with that. We have been put on complete pelvic rest and have been told to take it easy on my days off of work. They are going to do another sono at my 30 week appointment and see if it's changed. The Dr didn't seem hopeful that it would. I've been doing a lot of research on it and it's really kind of scary. The statistics say that by 32 weeks pregnant 70% of women with previa's have already started bleeding and had to go on complete bedrest! I'm praying that's not the case with us. Most importantly I'm praying that we make it through the rest of this pregnancy well and that in the end Miss Kennedi will be healthy and in our arms!! I go back friday for another Dr's appointment...this time I have to take my glucose challenge test!!! NOT FUN!

Michael's work has been staying busy! That's a blessing for the most part but has brought with it some stress. He's doing a good job at balancing everything right now. Unfortunately he's had to take over most of the house hold chores, including cooking dinner for me on the days that I don't get home from work till 8. He's a amazing man for which I'm truly grateful for. He's over the moon thrilled about having a little girl and has been getting all excited about decorating her room and getting everything ready!! Right now he's in a raquetball tournament and has been doing really well in it! He took the semester off of school so that we could get ready for the baby coming. It was a good idea since work has picked up. He's still doing his drill weekends once a month. They are going good. He's up for promotion in April!!! I'm hoping that he gets it! He reenlisted for another 6 years. A little scary but he loves it and the insurance is incomparable!.

My work has been busy too. Lots of premature babies being born these days! I still love taking care of them though. On our unit we have 5 pregnant nurses. It's a baby boom! The first ones should be going out on maternity leave the first part of April. I feel bad for all the nurses that are going to have to cover for us while we are gone.

I guess that's a pretty good update for now. I'll post some pictures after this weekend. We are heading to see Michael's sister this weekend and do some decorating for the nursery!

1 comment:

The Cleavelin Chronicles said...

Yea, i'm glad you've finally updated! btw...please change the text color...it's hard to read!! lol. Looking forward to your pictures :)